In this episode of Net Effects Podcast, co-hosts Les Ottolenghi and Mark Bavisotto visit with Larry Long, Jr., the tour de force leading athletic engagement app Teamworks’ Collegiate Sales division. This podcast with Larry Long, Jr. opens up around the impact of COVID-19 on the tech industry and sports, how to pivot, and pursuing life with optimism and motivation.
- COVID19 has accelerated the need for organizations to pivot. Larry’s philosophy: “If it ain’t broke, break it.” Meaning this is a time to leverage technology and meet your customers where they’re at with their changing needs, hopes, dreams, and aspirations.
- “Figure it the freak out (FITFO).” Sales strategy tactics in a pandemic and post-pandemic world should include the following: 1.) Ask questions, document the questions, and listen to understand. 2.) Have a Plan B, Plan C, and Plan D.
- Network effects should include figuring out where prospects are and digitally show up and be ready to differentiate.
- 3 steps to making the personal transformation leap: 1.) “What’s your why?” 2.) Let’s document and scope out goals (intentionally and create a game plan), and 3.) Mindset.
- In the next six months, take time to journal what you’re feeling and what you’re going through as we “YOYO life’s ups and downs.”
This podcast episode with Larry Long, Jr. is an engaging listen as Larry motivates team members of all backgrounds to get engaged with their life and their “Why.” This episode is also a great way to learn more about how COVID-19 has changed the tech industry. Listen to the full episode now.
About Larry Long, Jr. and Teamworks: Larry Long, Jr. is the Director of Collegiate Sales at Teamworks. Larry is an experienced sales leader with a demonstrated history of success in SaaS sales. He is passionate about coaching, and has a proven track record of hitting goals and helping sales professionals take their game to the “next level.”
Based in Durham, North Carolina, and founded in 2004, Teamworks provides an innovative cost- and time-saving software solution to nationally ranked NCAA and professional teams in leagues such as the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, MLS, and MLL. In addition to a primarily athletic team customer-base, Teamworks’ technologies are also used across a broad spectrum of professional organizations to streamline and optimize their daily workflow. Teamworks strives to continually innovate in both product and service to help teams and organizations around the country operate as efficiently as possible.